From Brenda Hough at MaintainIT:
“The MaintainIT Project is happy to announce the latest Cookbook!
“Planning for Success”
It’s a free online resource with current ideas and best practices for
planning, building, and managing your library’s computer technology.
Librarians around the country have contributed their knowledge on
topics ranging from security solutions and strategic maintenance
practices to community building experiences involving Web 2.0 tools
and vital partnerships. And the Cookbook is FREE.
Cookbook topics include:
– Â Â Â Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
– Â Â Â Evaluations and Metrics
– Â Â Â Talking with non-techies
– Â Â Â Standardizing your IT infrastructure
– Â Â Â Leasing computers
– Â Â Â Disk-cloning in libraries
– Â Â Â Remote desktop software
– Â Â Â Hiring the right techs
– Â Â Â Selecting and configuring a firewall
– Â Â Â Gaming in Libraries
– Â Â Â What to Consider When Evaluating and Implementing Web 2.0 Tools in
– Â Â Â And more!!
Thanks to everyone who contributed to all three Cookbooks. These
resources reflect the impressive work you all do, and we’re so happy
to share them with everyone.
Don’t forget to check out the FREE webinars MaintainIT offers, too:
Go check it out – there’s lots of good stuff here!