Here’s how it starts:
“What if there was a way for your library to get the attention of 51% of your local community? For free? Would you do it? Iâ€™m guessing so.
Guess what? There IS a way to potentially do that â€“ by usingÂ Facebook! Edison Research (they do market research studies, among other things)Â recently announcedÂ that 51% of Americans age 12+ are using Facebook. And this stat is rapidly growing. Some other interesting Facebook facts on the average Facebook user:
- They have 130 friends
- They make 8 friend requests per month
- They spend 15 hours a month on using Facebook
- They visit Facebook 40 times a month, and spend 23 minutes per visit
- They are connected to 80 organizational Facebook Pages, Groups, and Events
Nice statistics, David â€“ but what does this mean for Kansas Libraries and librarians?”
If you’re interested, go read the rest at the NEKLS blog!
And for more interesting reading on Facebook, check these books out (Amazon Affiliate links):
- Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
- Facebook for Business:Â How To Market Your Business on Facebook and Get More Sales, New Customers and Brand Awareness (Kindle edition)
- The Facebook Marketing Book
- Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (& Other Social Networks)