Ever thought about this? With two physical, brick-and-mortar library branches, you have to use them one at a time. Can’t use both at once!
But with a digital branch, you can. You can be in the physical library building, and can use the digital branch at the same time. You might be reading an article, checking out an ebook on your mobile device, asking a question via live chat, or wandering the stacks with smartphone in hand, looking for a book.
But you can use both. At the same time. And people do.
So make sure to design your physical branches – the building, and especially the signage – with your digital branch customers in mind. What are some things you can do to help digital branch customers while they’re in your physical building?
- Lots of “we have free wifi” signs
- Signs by the physical books, talking about your new ebooks or databases
- Smartphone recharging stations
- Comfortable seating, with power nearby
- Mentions of social media (signs on the doors, etc)
Hmm … good signage, comfortable seating, and power. What else? What am I missing?
Image by TheeErin